Apogem Capital invests in global private natural resource opportunities with a focus on the North American middle market. We leverage over 20 years of relationships and data to capitalize on value-driven opportunities and market dislocations with a focus on total return.
We believe this segment of the private natural resources market offers key advantages relative to the larger market and public natural resources exposure, including potential inflation protection, lower correlation to public markets, and enhanced total return potential across market and commodity cycles.
Investing in natural resources is necessary to support global economic and population growth, improve quality of life, and facilitate the energy transition. We classify real assets sectors primarily into energy / energy transition, infrastructure / midstream, metals / minerals, agriculture, associated services / products, and other and consider the full real assets value chain inclusive of upstream, midstream, and downstream assets and operations.
We currently manage more than $800 million in commingled funds and custom accounts and have completed over 50 fund, co-investments, direct investments, and secondaries since 2014.
Our private real assets strategy typically targets:
- Thematic direct equity investments in private companies across natural resources sectors and value chain
- Investments alongside trusted sponsors with specialized expertise
- Cash flow generating assets with minimal to no debt
- Complementary exposure to primary funds and secondary transactions
- Typical co-investment / direct equity commitment: $3 – $25 million